At marketing-successful companies, digital marketing is responsible for the lion’s share of lead generation. In successful organizations, inbound leads are plentiful, and salespeople take a more passive approach in simply responding to sales-qualified leads who have already expressed interest, requested a demo, downloaded a trial, etc.
A good company understands this, leverages it, and does not restrict its marketers to only taking direction from the sales team; instead, the sales and marketing teams work together towards a unified goal.
What Are The Ten Most Impactful Skills A Solid Digital Marketer Should Have?
Let’s talk about the top ten essential skills a digital marketing professional should have.
- Blogging – Blogging is one of the most critical lead generation tactics used by modern marketers. Digital marketers skilled in blogging will need to understand the ins and outs of editing, grammar, SEO, keyword research, article structure, and more.
- Writing Marketing Copy – A good copywriter can make qualitative changes to their writing depending on where it is deployed, which is not quite the same skill as blogging.
- Email Marketing – Email marketing is still the leading tactical way of getting in touch with specified audiences and should be a primary tool in a marketing agency’s arsenal.
- Web Design – A marketer should be able to design and create simple web pages: mainly landing pages, lead magnets, and web forms.
- Photo Editing – Knowing how to edit photos or create specific imagery to be used on various website pages, within content, on social media, and in downloadables is an integral part of the role of a digital marketer.
- Marketing Analytics – During analysis, digital marketers can see precisely how well their marketing is doing and which strategies are working (and which aren’t). This enables them to make better decisions about what to do next time.
- SEO – Understanding SEO and incorporating it into marketing content is a great way for digital marketers to multiply their efforts. This will also help their content attract more organic engagement.
- Communication – Marketers should be able to communicate on various levels, including in web content and through emails, blog posts, social media, and so on, in adherence to the company’s communication style.
- Project Management – A skilled digital marketer should know how to use tools and software to keep track of all the diverse projects and initiatives undertaken at any given time.
- Asset Creation – A digital marketer with asset creation skills and expertise can use marketing asset tools to manage creation and distribution and measure the impact effectively.
Can I Count On Piccolo To Employ Each Of These Essential Digital Marketing Skills?
Absolutely! We stay current with the countless new digital marketing management tools, technologies, and trends cropping up every corner and the tried-and-true skills that never go out of style.
Our services include:
- Email marketing
- Workflow Development
- Social media
- Website Development
Piccolo Solutions helps businesses become stronger and more profitable through data-driven systems. We find efficiencies and solutions where others don’t, allowing you to make business decisions with confidence. Call us today at (615) 348 7768 or contact us online to learn more!