As a business owner, you’ve undoubtedly heard the term “customer experience,” but today, we will dive deeper into its importance and how you can improve it!
What Is Customer Experience, And How Do You Know You’re Providing The Best?
Customer experience, or CX, includes everything a business does to put its customers first, delivering superior experiences, value, and growth for those customers.
You might find it difficult to determine how you’re supposed to measure something as ephemeral as the “magic” your company creates for customers, but here are a few ways you can optimize your customer experience measurement:
- Measure the customer experience at the journey level rather than at the level of touchpoints or overall satisfaction.
- Note: A customer journey describes the customer’s end-to-end experience instead of their satisfaction at various individual transactions or touchpoints. These can include many things before, during, or after the customer experiences a product or service.
- Invest in hardwired technology that captures feedback daily from multiple channels, integrating survey results and other data into comprehensive dashboards.
- Cultivate a mindset of continuous improvement at all levels.
What Can You Do To Improve Your Customers’ Experience?
Once you have begun compiling feedback on your customer experiences, you can start considering ways these experiences can be improved. Here are a few recommendations to help you start the improvement process:
- Transition your brand from being driven by goods to powered by services. Ask yourself whether the customer is at the center of everything you do. Do you understand what drives your customers? Listen and learn at every stage.
- If your employees aren’t delivering a great customer experience, find out why. Conduct an employee pulse survey to learn about any common pain points in your employee experience; use those insights to review your systematic processes.
- Explore all the exciting possibilities that AI and machine learning tools specifically designed for experience management can bring to your organization.
- Personalization – the experience adapts based on what you know about the customer – makes customer journeys smoother and also strengthens the bond between brand and customer. Here are some ways you can employ personalization:
- Use data to personalize survey questions.
- Use geolocation technology to personalize based on location.
- Offer recommendations based on past purchases.
- Personally follow-up with survey responses
- Adapt your website to offer dynamic content based on user preferences.
This is just the tip of the iceberg regarding customer experience!
The Piccolo Solutions team is here for you if you need more help and guidance on this or any other business-related subject.
We’re not an in-and-out, “shotgun” marketing team that overwhelms you with nonstop meetings and confusing reports. We’re a trusted partner committed to your success. We’ll help your business reach long-term growth and scalability goals through personalized marketing support.
Contact us today to discuss how we can help you on your business journey.