How to Stay Ahead of The Marketing Game
To the business owner of today, it can be a huge undertaking to keep up with marketing trends – it seems like they change in the blink of an eye. All it takes is some new statistics or the release of fresh technology, and everything is completely different. This kind of change happens all the time, transforming the way we connect with and market to our audiences. Just keeping up with these changes won’t quite cut it; to succeed in the business world of today, you need to get ahead of the marketing game, and stay there.
Marketing trends are constantly evolving, and for good reason: it’s because consumers change the way they spend their time and their money. And these changes in consumer behavior influence how they are going to respond to your advertising efforts. Staying ahead of trends in these areas will help your company save both time and money by making sure that you’re marketing to your target audience.
Here are some current 2019 trends that you need to own this year:
- Say goodbye to the marketing funnel, and hello to the marketing flywheel. This trend – and an accompanying focus on customer service – has completely replaced the funnel. With this model, your customer is now at the center of everything you do, from marketing to service and sales. In the old days of the funnel, paying customers were considered an afterthought once they made a purchase. In the flywheel model, you’ll be placing a heavy emphasis on customer service and retention.
- Your business needs a blog. Businesses in every type of industry are starting blogs, as well as investing in content marketing resources. Almost half of all buyers look over 3-5 pieces of content before they ever connect with a sales representative, while ¾ of most people say they would rather learn about new products by reading about them in content. You’ll need to make sure that your content is effective and accessible by paying attention to the type of content that resonates with your particular buyer.
- Make a video. Using video as a marketing strategy is a tried and true method, and it has become extremely popular over the last year or so. Consumers and followers are constantly asking for more video from their favorite companies, so give them what they want! This strategy has a very high ROI.
- Don’t underestimate social media. According to some recent research, social media spending will grow to almost a quarter of all marketing budgets by 2025. This method allows brands to connect in a natural way with their audience, providing a fun and informal way to let the personality and character of their brand shine.
- Consider influencers. Influencers have become a really powerful force in modern marketing, and it isn’t only the celebrities and big names. Micro-influencers have created a niche for themselves in the social media world; these are promoters that have smaller follower numbers, and their engagement levels are often pretty amazing. Often, the words of an everyday person are the words we listen to and trust, and this is where micro-influencers reveal their value to the entrepreneur.
Here at Piccolo, we are a unique group of experts who are equipped to handle all aspects of marketing. Our team has a clear understanding of all the pains and struggles that small business owners face when it comes to marketing their company, reaching new customers, and retaining their current client base. Call us today for a consultation, and let’s see how we can help you.