As you are thinking about the marketing aspects of your business, you may be asking yourself where the digital marketing industry is heading, and considering ways you can master those trends to help your business thrive. Well, we have a few thoughts to share with you on that point today!
You know that the digital marketing industry is evolving every single day in order to meet the needs and demands of customers around the globe. Marketing studies are showing that, unlike the consumer of the past, today’s consumers are far more likely to head to digital channels to do research, shop, and find the products they are looking for. Also, their tastes are very specific when it comes to how brands engage with them while they are online.
As a smart business owner, we know you are interested in understanding your customers and their purchasing habits, so you’ll probably be interested to know that native advertising, which is paid media in which the ad experience follows the natural form and function of the user experience in which it is placed, is currently the fastest-growing advertising segment.
Here are some reasons why:
- Native ads receive more views than traditional display ads.
- Mobile ad campaigns are five times more effective than online advertisements.
- Appearing in mobile search ad results increases brand awareness.
- Over half of all consumers will click on a Google ad when they are looking to buy items online.
- Most consumers dislike pop-up ads (so why use them?)
- On average, more than half of all users act after viewing a video ad.
- Many smartphone users have found new brands or products while searching from their mobile device.
These native ads coincide with the look and feel of the media format where they appear and so gain greater acceptance and engagement with the consumer, since they are designed to seamlessly integrate into the social feeds and websites the consumer enjoys – instead of those annoying banners or pop-ups.
Digital Video Ads
Digital video ads are also becoming increasingly popular with consumers, and spending in this area continues to climb. Marketers are reporting digital budgets that have increased 25% over last year, and the number of marketers that are using video content is rapidly expanding. Another trend in 2020 is bumper ads – shorter video ads – that grab your consumer’s attention.
Mobile advertising is hot, and getting hotter, with its share of the digital ad market now at almost ¾ of all advertising in the U.S. Over half the population watches mobile video, and the average smartphone user is now far more likely to view video on that phone than on their TV.
- The “Stories” format is a very effective mobile advertising choice, as seen on Instagram and Snapchat. Keep in mind that the formatting here makes these much better suited for mobile devices. Studies are showing that these ads are becoming very successful, due to their engagement factor.
Here at Piccolo, we are a unique group of experts who are equipped to handle all aspects of marketing. We are perfectly poised to head into the future of the digital marketing industry, and we are here to help you master it all.